Wednesday 4 July 2018

RESPONSE TO TWO ANIMATION QUESTIONS ON QUORA



 Q1.  How long does it take to make a 4-minute animated video on Adobe Animate?

My Ans:  I think before you can talk about how long it would take you first need to talk about the frame rate you shall be using, this is very key (maybe 12fps, 15fps, 30fps etc). Next decide if you will want to draw in ones, twos, threes etc. The higher your frame rate the smoother your animation will be, but note that there are standard rates for both Traditional and 2D Animations. So going beyond the 30fps on Adobe          Animate can sometimes be an overkill; the more your frame rate the more work is to be done. If you can fathom these earlier then it becomes easier to know how long it would take.

Now let’s do some calculations based on your timing = 4Mins
(These are my assumptions: I used 15fps and draw in 2s)

60 Seconds = 1 min, therefore
60 x 4 Seconds = 4 min = 240 Seconds
Using 15fps then my total frame rate would be
240 x 15 = 3600 fps, that means I would need 3600 different drawings to complete a 4min animation, if I draw in ones.
But since I choose to draw in Twos I shall halve my drawing effort,
i.e.   3600 / 2 = 1800fps

Now to answer your question, it is the time that it takes you to complete all these 1,800 individual drawings is how long it shall take to make your 4 Minute video.
Please note that I did not mention anything about Character designs, Backgrounds, Blockings, or the general 
 animation Pipeline, Blah, Blah, Blah!!

Q2. What is the best software for Stick Animation?



My Ans: I’m not saying it’s the best, but why not try the Pivot Animator? Although I’ve used  it a long time ago, it is still my best for Stick animation.
It is Free and also easy to learn and use.

No comments:

Post a Comment