Wednesday 22 July 2015

SO THAT WE CAN ALL GO HOME

CHAPTERS 1 - 3

THE DROWNING ANT

Some pool of water was washing off the ant on the ground. He waved his hands randomly hoping to get hold of any object that could make him come to an abrupt halt but there was none around, then suddenly he looked up and spotted the housefly.
“Please help me!” shouted the ant to the fly above. “Mr. Fly, please don’t let me drown. Just throw me a stick from up there so that I can stay afloat!” He begged. And in reply the fly answered, “I am so sorry Mr. Ant. But I’m in a hurry right now. So there is nothing I can do, maybe some other time. And just in case you don’t make it, my regards to your ancestors!”
He speedily flew away as he watched the ant still struggling in the pool of water. 





                                               THE TRAPPED FLY

It wasn't long afterwards that the fly also got caught in the spider’s web. He had wanted to make a quick detour between the leaves of a tree when he suddenly hits a cobweb and was stuck. But luckily for him, the spider had gone to the farm!

He continued to struggle to free himself in the spider’s web but did not succeed and at last he got tired. Suddenly, he looked up at the skies and saw a Pigeon flying past. Quickly he shouted on top of his voice. “Please, Mr. Pigeon, the bird. Can you kindly set me free before the spider returns?” 

“And how do you expert me to do that?” asked the flying bird. Then the house fly  said, "if only you could just come a little bit lower and use your beak to break the cobweb that I am stuck in I would be very grateful; it is choking me by the seconds. I came out to look for what my family would eat, and I wouldn't want to be eaten for dinner by Mr. Spider and his family when they return.”
“Well…I’m sorry Mr. Fly,” replied the bird as he soared higher. “I admit that your case is really a pathetic one but I am in a hurry right now. So there is no time to waste. And as the saying goes, time is money! Goodbye my friend!”  And he flew away.
When the Pigeon had gone out of sight, the housefly began to recall the earlier event. Maybe if I had stopped to help Mr. Ant, perhaps this wouldn't have happened to me, he thought. And even if it did happen to me after I had helped him, I would have been happier to know that I had saved someone else’s life before losing mine, but now it's too late. I cannot expect to sow Cassava and reap up Banana. That is not just possible! Then he began to cry.

 

THE CAGED BIRD

The pigeon continued to soar for some time; but not so long he looked down and saw some few grains lying on the floor of the jungle. My wife would love this, he thought. He descended and looked around and observed that there was no single other animal in view.
Quickly, he picked the first grain with his beak and paused for a while. When he saw that there was still no one around to challenge him, his confidence grew and he picked the second grain lying on the floor. He moved some steps further and picked the third, fourth, fifth and sixth. Then suddenly he looked forward and saw so many grains inside a bowl in a small wooden house. “Wow!” yelled the bird aloud, “this is the lost paradise!”
He walked closer to the wooden house and also discovered that the door was left ajar. At first he was a little bit afraid, but when he looked around and saw that there was still no one around, he decided to quickly enter into the wooden house and swallow as many grains as possible before the owner would return  and then get out fast!
He did as planned. And when he was satisfied, he turned around to take his leave but he discovered that the door had been shut behind him. He knew not exactly when it had happened to him because he was so engrossed with the grains. Immediately he realized that he had not entered into a house but rather a cage and was trapped inside. Suddenly his mind also flashed-back to his earlier encounter with the housefly. “Oh, I am trapped here too. Oh God, I haven’t been kind to Mr. Fly that needed my help at that time at all! I haven’t been my brother’s keeper,” said he. “And this is the way I am being punished for it. Maybe, just maybe if I had been a little bit patient, I would have stopped to help the fly and perhaps something else would have made me flown in a different direction and then I wouldn't have fallen for this trap. But now it’s too late. Oh my poor wife is about to become a widow whenever the bird catcher comes.”
He shot his eyes and began to pray for a miracle.     

                                                   To be continued...





      Why wait for the entire chapters to be uploaded? Send a mail with the subject "SO THAT" to                                 flingernosecomics@gmail.com to get the entire 13 chapters PDF free before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment