Monday 10 August 2015

SO THAT WE CAN ALL GO HOME chapter 12

THE SNAKE RETURNED A FAVOUR
          Not long, the ant caught up with the snake and said, “I have
conveyed your message to Mr Monkey. And he is very happy too.
However, I think he would be happier if you can return a favour.”
“What is it?” asked the snake immediately, “I don’t forget good deeds easily.”
“Well, the truth is that he fell into a ditch after warning you of the eagle’s impending danger.”


“Oh, poor Mr. Monkey!” Exclaimed the snake, “I never knew. No wonder
I didn’t see him around. Now he would think of me as being an ungrateful
fellow.”
“No! But I still think it’s not too late. There is still something you can do
for him so that he would not think of you as such. You know, it is a rare
opportunity for one to have the second chance to correct his first mistake
in life ”
“What is it?” the snake asked spontaneously, “I will be willing to do it.
Just let me know what it is.”
“Okay. Calm down,” answered the ant, “I will take you to the ditch he
had fallen into. And there, you will crawl in with half of your body stretched into it and the other half  would lie on the ground outside. Then the monkey would reach for your tail and like a long rope would climb out of the ditch through your body. Can you do that?”   
 “Oh yes! I will be so glad to return a favor,” said the snake. He turned around. “Let’s go! Show me where the poor Monkey is and I will rescue him.”
          The ant led the way and the snake followed. “If you rescue the monkey,” said the ant, “then it will be possible for him to rescue the grass cutter, then the grass cutter too can rescue the Pigeon and the Pigeon too can free the trapped housefly so that we can all go home!”

“Hmm,” murmured the snake as they went.


     Watch out for the final chapter 

No comments:

Post a Comment