Sunday 9 August 2015

SO THAT WE CAN ALL GO HOME (Chapters 11)

THE ANT FINDS THE MONKEY
          The snake crawled out of sight and the Ant continued his search for a liberator for the Grass cutter. But as he was passing by the side of a ditch, he heard the Monkey’s frail cry for help but he was out of sight. “Whoever is passing by please help me. I am in the ditch!” The monkey’s voice grew louder.  Then the ant moved closer to the hole and saw the monkey, below.


“Mr Monkey,” said the ant gladly, “I have been looking for you.”
“And here I am.” Replied the monkey sadly. “I am so ashamed of myself. I refused to help a fellow animal and see, here I am too, trapped in a ditch. Now I believe in the saying that what goes around comes around!”
“You don’t have to feel that way.” Continued the ant, “that you refused
to help the grass cutter does not make you completely worthless.”
“Has the Grass cutter told you already? Asked the monkey, “now I’m a complete failure in the animal kingdom. Every other animal would talk bad about me. I should have assisted the poor fellow when I had the chance.”
“The grass-cutter also felt this way too after refusing to help the Pigeon. So you don’t have to feel too much guilt yourself. The snake could have helped her out but…”
“The snake, the snake!” whispered the Monkey as he remembered the snake. He continued, “Shh! Please don’t shout. I don’t want the snake to overhear our conversation. I am sure if he finds out that I was in here he would crawl in and bite me to death!”
 “But that can not be true!” corrected the tiny Ant, “Mr. Snake has sent
me to give to you a big thank you for saving him.”
At first, he monkey did not understand what the ant was saying, but
when the ant took time and explained everything that the snake had said
and the monkey too was a little bit happy. Then he said, “Now I am glad to know that I am not as worthless as I thought I was. But how can I get out of my present situation. I need to go home, can you please my little friend help me in my present situation?”
The ant answered, “Yes! But I still have to look around for a bigger animal that can rescue you from this ditch before the rain begins. I want you to be the one to free the grass cutter. Thereafter the grass cutter can free the bird and the bird too can free the spider and we can all go home!”                 

          So the ant went to search round. But as he was walking he noticed the track that the crawling snake had made on the ground and he realized it looked just like a long rope. Then an idea occurred to him and he began to follow the pathway made by the snake!

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment